INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Electrical Engineer -- Product Support will work on an agile team to provide Electrical Engineering support to high volume production lines to ensure on-time performance and high yield. You will apply your expert knowledge of electronic components to perform validation testing of design updates and diagnose the failure modes of PCBAs to make targeted design updates.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware for mid to high-level complexity projects while complying to applicable regulatory standards.
- Perform analysis of alternate electronic components to maintain supply chain stability.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Operations to diagnose issues encountered during high-volume PCBA production.
- Review drawing releases and Engineering Change Notices.
- Use critical path methods, impactful communications, and cross functional collaboration to track numerous projects, communicate issues, ensure adherence to schedule, and drive them to success.
- Create new power tool circuit designs using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, coaching more junior Engineers.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience to include at least 1 year of experience with product design of electronics.
- Experience with microcontroller circuits, embedded firmware, statistical analysis methods, automated test fixture development, root cause analysis, and PCB assembly techniques.
- Very strong familiarity with PCBA manufacturing processes and standards.
- Excellent problem-solving ability, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with portable electronics, power tools, motor controls, power electronics and power supply circuits, consumer electronics, or instrumentation and measurement systems.
- Leadership and mentoring experience.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.