Senior Electrical Engineer - Product Support
The Sr. Electrical Engineer - Product Support will work on an agile team to provide Electrical Engineering support to high volume production lines to ensure on-time performance and high yield. You will apply your expert knowledge of electronic components to perform validation testing of design updates and diagnose the failure modes of PCBAs to make targeted design updates.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware for mid to high-level complexity projects while complying to applicable regulatory standards.
- Perform analysis of alternate electronic components to maintain supply chain stability.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Operations to diagnose issues encountered during high-volume PCBA production.
- Review drawing releases and Engineering Change Notices.
- Use critical path methods, impactful communications, and cross functional collaboration to track numerous projects, communicate issues, ensure adherence to schedule and drive them to success.
- Create new power tool circuit designs using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, coaching more junior Engineers.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience to include at least 1 year of experience with product design of electronics.
- Experience with microcontroller circuits, embedded firmware, statistical analysis methods, automated test fixture development, root cause analysis, and PCB assembly techniques.
- Very strong familiarity with PCBA manufacturing processes and standards.
- Excellent problem-solving ability, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with portable electronics, power tools, motor controls, power electronics and power supply circuits, consumer electronics, or instrumentation and measurement systems.
- Leadership and mentoring experience.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.