Under the direction of and reporting to a Group Manager or Director of Product Managment, primary duties are to plan, grow and manage the product category(s) through the administration and coordination of a variety of marketing functions and projects while maintaining a cooperative relationship with internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop 3 year strategy & plan and initiate marketing and new product development efforts to grow sales and profits in the category(s) of responsibility.
- Proactively manage the portfolio of products within the category(s).
- Implement and monitor strategies including product positioning, forecasting, cost reductions, product updates and/or obsolescence.
- Assist in the development of the overall departmental product strategy.
- Conduct market & user based research to understand the strategic, tactical, and new product development needs within the category(s)
- Must be comfortable and knowledgeable working on a commercial & residential jobsite: end user visits, making sales calls with Milwaukee sale & distributor sales force, and field testing.
- Lead and interact globally with various cross functional teams and departments to collaborate and deliver objectives on schedule.
- Write and submit appropriate documentation to initiate new product efforts. .
- Provide customer input throughout the new product development process.
- Analyze and interpret findings and report to senior management.
- Assess and analyze new business or product opportunities and be able to articulate to management your findings and recommendation.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering to ensure all new product development is meeting all the required targets and is being delivered on time.
- Develop comprehensive commercial plan to support all new product launches with "How we win; training modules, product specific videos & collateral, web campaign, channel or trade specific strategies, as well as a full promotional plan.
- Collaborate with brand & channel marketing to develop appropriate programs and promotions to deliver quarterly and annual budget
- Participate in key customer presentations, line reviews, editorial visits/interviews, trade shows and other industry events as needed to promote the category(s).
- Act as the internal and external focal point for the resolution of product issues within the category(s) -- own your category.
- Champion and lead various departmental improvement initiatives.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of competitive & market information including product catalogs, price lists, current promotions, new product introductions and regulatory issues.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and other industry events as necessary to stay abreast of market and industry trends.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related area
- A minimum of 4-7 years experience in Marketing/Sales roles(s).
- Position requires accomplished analytic, written, verbal and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated track record of achievements in positions or increasing responsibilities, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Willingness to travel 25-30% of the time.
- Proficiency in PC skills including MS Office and Internet usage is required.