Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Advanced Quality Engineer -- Layout is a factory-based role providing quality engineering services to cross-functional project teams which include New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering. In this role, project teams consist of a Project Leader, Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Quality, and will be heavily influenced by Manufacturing and Operations.
Primary duties are to lead and develop the quality activities, including quality procedures, test instructions, drawing reviews, and test specification setting to successfully meet time-to-market, operational readiness, and product performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as the project team lead for the Layout Quality and Reliability function while supporting operational process improvement initiatives within a manufacturing environment.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, and Operations to translate customer needs into product requirements and specifications for engineering and operations teams.
- Support the product design process including benchmarking and testing of concepts & prototypes.
- Develop and execute test procedures to validate product specifications and ensure Quality and Reliability readiness.
- Lead Risk Assessments (Design and Manufacturing) during the product development cycle.
- Perform failure analysis and recommend solutions with corrective action, as required.
- Proactively seek out quality improvements for new and existing products.
Quality Functions - New Product team:
- Work with the operations, materials, manufacturing engineering, and quality engineering teams to develop QC mitigation strategies for high risk product (dimensional) and performance (testing) specifications.
- Coordinate quality planning activities such as auditing, inspection, and control plans (incoming, in-process and outgoing) that drives user need CtQ requirements through product specifications and into manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with the supplier quality engineering (SQE) team to support supplier quality tracking and improvement activities
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of sub-suppliers, where applicable.
- Able to call, lead and conduct global, cross functional team members with the following participants: New product development engineering, internal/external operations/suppliers, quality and supply chain.
- Provide technical guidance to the facility manufacturing and quality teams
- Track project schedules to ensure adherence to timelines
- Perform performance testing on production products to ensure product meets performance specifications
- Maintain product conformance through performing metrology & metallurgy inspections
- Work with manufacturing and suppliers in process improvement to reduce process variation and increase process control.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent field
- 3+ years of related work experience in Advanced Quality, Quality Engineering and/or Reliability Engineering in a factory-setting preferred
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills
- Relevant experience with statistical tools such as MiniTab and ReliaSoft
We provide these great perks and benefits:
Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.