Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 4/26/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Electrical Engineer II - Advanced Engineering will explore new technologies for use across Milwaukee Tool's Hand Tools, Storage and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) products. You will ideate, evaluate, and develop new technologies for various applications.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently in the design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware.
- Create new circuit designs using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Understanding of power management and ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Identify performance and cost tradeoffs of competing electronic design solutions.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down, and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while providing technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching junior Engineers.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in system design or related work experience.
- Broad-based experience with various electronics disciplines. Analog design, power electronics, LED lighting, microcontroller systems, USB power systems
- Working knowledge of C programming targeted at an implementation on microcontrollers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MBA or related field
- Familiarity with firmware design
- Knowledge in embedded system designs and PCBA manufacturing
- Understanding of sensor system design, test methods, controls, and architectures
- Ability to write 'C' code, MathWorks Simulink would be a plus
- Experience with schematic capture, PCB layout, and circuit simulation tools
- Analog and digital system tradeoffs and design, including signal integrity and noise analysis
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.