INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Electronics Engineer is a part of our New Product Development team and will help execute designs for Milwaukee Tool's Hand Tools, Storage and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) products. You will lead the collaboration and negotiations with Marketing and Engineering teams to build and execute a market disrupting vision.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Executing a lead role for the design, prototype, test and troubleshooting embedded electronics hardware and firmware.
- Create new circuit designs using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Identify performance and cost tradeoffs of competing electronic design solutions.
- Ideate, evaluate, and develop new technologies for applications.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Drive urgency in project schedule and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as a role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, and coaching junior Engineers. Grow the ability to lead and manage a small team.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in system design or related work experience.
- Strong understanding of power management and ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Experience with designing embedded systems and interfacing with microcontrollers
- Ability to write 'C' code.
- Strong understanding of sensor system design, test methods, controls, and architectures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MBA, or related field.
- Familiarity with Matlab and Simulink.
- Working knowledge of a second modern programming language such as Python or C++.
- Knowledge in power electronics.
- Familiarity with firmware design and model-based engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with mechanical design and thermal management concepts.
- Experience with wearables and IOT devices / applications
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.