Senior User Experience Product Designer
The User Experience Product Designer at Milwaukee Tool is responsible for designing the interactive relationship between product and user. This is achieved by crafting a meaningful connection of physical and digital experiences for the embedded systems on Milwaukee's professional power tools.
- Lead design of physical and digital experiences for embedded systems on professional power tools.
- Drive cohesion of on-product interactions across Milwaukee's product lines by implementing or creating standards including behavioral, visual brand language, user interface and product graphics.
- Collaborate with industrial design team to solve design challenges by advising on human centered design.
- Create visual design within interface and on-product graphical artwork to support the overall user experience.
- Elevate human factors awareness within the department.
- Communicate design intent throughout the development process.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with external UX/UI design resources as needed.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional project teams to identify end user needs and synthesize research findings. Filter outcomes through brand characteristics that results in usable solutions that are true to the Milwaukee Tool brand.
- Prototype interaction solutions and explore new technologies with electrical and mechanical engineering teams.
- Analyze competitive markets and advise on industry best practices.
- Create user experience artifacts (journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, high or low fidelity designs and prototypes) to express design intent of on tool or on-screen interactions.
- Create documentation of product touch points and interactions
- Create prototypes to conduct virtual and in-person usability testing with end users and share findings with Industrial Design manager, design team and stakeholders
- Present design work to industrial design teams and internal stakeholders for review and feedback.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience with UX design, UI design, industrial design, graphic design, or comparable design roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, User Experience, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or similar.
- Must provide a portfolio of work demonstrating relevant experience with visual communication, information architecture, interaction strategy, user research/usability testing. Development of software and physical prototypes a plus.
- Knowledge of current hardware and software technologies and the ability to articulate how they can impact interaction design.
- Skilled in standard design and wireframing tools (Adobe CC, Adobe XD, Sketch, Axure, Microsoft Office.
- This position requires occasional domestic and international travel.