Under the direction of and reporting to the Senior End-User Coordinator, primary duties are to establish and maintain a research community of engaged users in key target cities across the country to assist with coordinating field visits and prototype validation. This position will involve a high level of collaboration with both internal co-workers and external users to enhance and streamline the Design Research end-user recruiting process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with End User Coordinator team to build and Foster relationships with opt-in tradesmen, while keeping detailed notes.
- Work closely in assisting Design Researcher Team to identify and schedule potential end users for targeted discovery and validation research. This will involve determining which jobsites and research participants are best suited to deliver on specific research project objectives.
- Manage cadence of jobsite visits to avoid burnout with key research participants and sites.
- Recruit new research partners as needed for projects both in our traditional trades and new to Milwaukee Tool (e.g., remodelers, service technicians, concrete workers, etc.). This will involve walking onto jobsites, cold calls, and networking with trade organizations and other research participants.
- Coordinate with members of our Sales team when appropriate to schedule and plan regional site visits.
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events to recruit new users and build key relationships.
- Propose and implement creative approaches to maintaining a "community" feel to encourage participation and build an insider mindset with our users.
- Recommend and implement appropriate incentive guidelines for site visits and user partnerships.
- Develop standardized approach to building user panels for research on specific projects.
- You like meeting new people and forming strong relationships comes naturally to you
- You are comfortable walking onto commercial & residential jobsites and introducing yourself
- You are well-organized and can keep track of multiple projects at once
- You are flexible and able to quickly pivot your approach when circumstances or schedules change
- You understand and can use the dynamics of negotiation
- You are comfortable making independent decisions
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You understand and believe in the importance of the user in the product development process
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and conducting Internet searches
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a 4-year Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years' experience in or around the construction industry preferred but not required
- Experience in Sales, Marketing or Customer Service a plus
- Able to travel 50-60% of the time, sometimes at short notice