The Supply Chain Lead is an experienced supply chain professional that will be supervising a team who is responsible for inventory management and control. This individual will oversee all activities for incoming, outgoing, replenishment, storage, and the movement of inventory. The position will spearhead, and will be actively engaged in, continuous improvement and adopting best practices relating to inventory.
The role also leads cradle to grave planning for Product Families assigned, developing run strategies and replenishment systems for WIP and raw material to realize inventory turnover. Long range production plans are developed, considering capacity, inventory, labor, and other production drivers with the goal of meeting customer expectations of on-time delivery while achieving inventory/cost objectives.
This position is actively involved in communicating with a variety of departments including supply/demand, production, sourcing, product management, engineering, finance, and distribution.
They will provide leadership over moderate to complex projects and participate in Lean objectives and initiatives.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide coaching and mentoring to hourly direct reports with very little guidance
- Balance and lead direct reports to optimize safety, quality, delivery and cost to ensure proper use of assets
- Develop and create run strategies and production schedules that are attainable for finished goods and WIP based on equipment, labor, and raw material availability that consider distribution stocking levels and/or direct customer requirements
- Communicate risks, identify mitigation options, & drive resolution of risk mitigation related to inventory and supply plans in terms of lead time and capacity constraints for products
- Work with Operations teams and suppliers to develop Recovery Plans as necessary
- Lead cradle to grave product management reducing risk of supply disruption and end of life excess and obsolescence
- Manage raw material orders to coincide with production plans and inventory objectives, such as replenishment, stocking strategies, inventory target levels, and turnover
- Monitor slow moving inventory and obsolescence and drive improvements to achieve inventory goals and reduce obsolescence
- Train and onboard new employees and cross train to provide coverage for other analysts
- Super User and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for ERP System and Materials Processes and Procedures
- Personal development to include continuously updating skills related to inventory control best practices
- Ability to travel 10% of time.
- Other duties/continuous improvement projects as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics/Operations Management and minimum of 5 years of experience in production planning, scheduling or inventory control, can be a combination of internships and/or professional level or equivalent combinations of education & experience.
- Experience in Capacity/Schedule Analysis
- Ability to use, navigate, and optimize an ERP system to plan production and purchases.
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills required
- Proficient use of MS Office software (especially Excel).
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills, along with a stellar attention to detail are essential
- Demonstrated experience of leading without direct authority
- Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CSCP)
- Six Sigma/Lean Training
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP experience
- Supervision experience