Operations Project Leader - Hand Tools, Storage & PPE
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Operations Project Leader is responsible for leading global strategic operations initiatives and setting the manufacturing strategy for new & existing products across the global manufacturing footprint.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Set manufacturing strategies for new products and existing products globally to support the growth of the business.
- Own strategy and perform make vs make vs buy analysis to determine ideal manufacturing locations
- Evaluate manufacturing footprint and ensure adequate space planning to support future growth.
- Identify and lead implementation of global processes and systems needed to successfully manufacture products across multiple sites globally.
- Lead evaluation and strategy on what processes we invest in vertical integration vs source to ensure a competitive advantage.
- Maintain Operational Excellence (OPEX) dashboards / scorecards across global manufacturing sites
- Responsible for the completion of assigned operations projects within budget and schedule.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Facilitate best practice sharing forums across global factories. Included but not limited to productivity ideas, quality improvements and capital avoidance projects.
- Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
- Regularly makes presentations of project status.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
- Interacts with cross functional team both internal and external to achieve project goals
- Vital to be extremely organized and detailed-oriented
- Possessing a high sense of urgency and delivering information in a timely manner.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Operations Management or technical field..
- Minimum 8 years operations or manufacturing experience. Proven experience with operations financial analysis and models (i.e. Make vs Buy, standard costing, capex).
- Experience successfully managing medium-high complexity projects.
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills.
- Results driven and deadline orientated. Ability to manage projects to aggressive schedules and results.
- Ability to handle fast paced, and agile culture. Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Graduate studies preferred in the business areas such as Project Management, Finance, Marketing, or Organizational studies.
- Formal project management training
- Involvement in leading product transfers, international preferred
- Experience leading & deploying Lean Manufacturing concepts
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.