Sr. Supply Chain Analyst in Mukwonago, Wisconsin
The Sr. Analyst is an experienced supply chain professional that is responsible for managing the production schedule and driving improvements in planning and operational processes; analyze forecasts and inventory changes; provide accurate and timely information to ensure customer requirements are met and production resources are properly optimized.
The individual will provide input in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products including product life-cycle changes, and product end-of-life. The role leads the planning of production, capacity, inventory, labor, and other production drivers with the goal of meeting customer expectations of on-time delivery.
This role is a key interface with operations, engineering, supply/demand, and sourcing to effectively and efficiently manage the shop floor, including coordinating and improving scheduling at the machine/process level. Further, the role through process knowledge and data-driven analysis will be a key contributor to production process and production flow enhancements to drive continuous improvement for the delivery metrics.
They will provide leadership over straightforward to moderate projects and participate in Lean objectives and initiatives.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and provide scheduling and planning for a Milwaukee Tool US production facility
- Analyze trends, develop reports, facilitate communication and provide feedback on production and supplier performance
- Work with production teams, suppliers and supply/demand to develop Recovery Plans as necessary
- Perform Risk Analysis and Risk Planning on the schedule as required
- Advises management of risks that may affect schedules or expected deliveries
- Uses Systems to plan production orders, safety stock requirements, and maintain desired inventory levels
- Monitor slow moving inventory and obsolescence and drive improvements to achieve inventory goals and reduce obsolescence
- Balance current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities
- Recommend adjustments to planning strategies and inventory stocking levels
- Monitor daily utilization, capacity and performance statistics for all departments and work centers
- Serve as the capacity-planning expert on cross-functional production and project teams
- Create monthly S&OP reports on key utilization and performance
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of the Master Production Schedule and report performance internally for all products
- Responsible for determining material availability, capacity, and production priorities
- Scenario planning anticipating changes in the business and aligning groups
- Influences others; persuasively presents thoughts and ideas; inspires commitment and ensure support for ideas. Maintains a positive, supportive, and appreciative attitude.
- Super User and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for ERP System and Materials Processes and Procedures
- Personal development to include continuously updating skills related to inventory control best practices
- Ability to travel 10% of time
- Other duties/continuous improvement projects as assigned
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics/Operations Management and minimum of 4 years of experience in production planning, scheduling or inventory control, can be a combination of internships and/or professional level or equivalent combinations of education & experience
- Experience in Schedule Analysis
- Ability to use, navigate, and optimize an ERP system to plan production and purchases
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate initiative, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills required
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficient use of MS Office software (especially Excel)
- Strong oral, written communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CSCP)
- Six Sigma/Lean Training
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP experience