Under the direction of and reporting to a Sourcing Manager of a Milwaukee Tool, primary duties include sourcing of direct or indirect raw materials, components, complex assemblies, tooling, capital equipment, and/or services. Balance the required quality, cost, lead-time, and terms to potentially support various New Product Development (NPD), cost reduction, facilities and supply base improvement projects. This position will also include interfacing on a day-to-day basis with various manufacturing sites and distribution center to ensure continuity of supply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts research as directed on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts.
- Proactively coordinates the supplier selection and qualification process.
- Supports the development, review, and approval of supplier selection criterion.
- Prepares and executes RFP/RFQ's and analyzes quotations and bids. Conducts, analyzes, and shares cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost; drives best overall cost and commercial terms.
- Provides ongoing vendor management support in the form of Forecasts, Purchase Orders, Invoice and Quality problem resolution, and related issues. Monitors and analyzes Supplier capacity, global demand, and vendor quality.
- Initiates necessary correspondence to expedite purchased goods, revises purchase orders, effects cancellations, improves terms, resolves disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjusts invoice discrepancies, and rectifies other related problems as assigned.
- Supports the building of long-term commercial relationships with strategic suppliers while delivering to the business metrics.
- Understands applicable manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends.
- Builds internal stakeholder relationships to understand business procurement needs. Identifies and implements supply chain improvement opportunities to support both short term and long-term needs.
- Completes data analyses and assists with regular generation of reports to drive spend visibility and identify opportunities for supply base consolidation.
Job Skills Requirements
- Exhibits strong negotiating skills and demonstrates proven success breaking down complex issues to proactively identify and align stakeholders to next steps.
- Demonstrates attributes of being a determined, self-driven and resourceful individual.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field.
- Specific course-work in purchasing, materials management, engineering, or quality assurance desirable.
- CPM/CPSM certification a plus.
- Two or more years sourcing or related experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles with global supply chain management responsibilities.
- Internship/Co-Op experiences in purchasing, manufacturing, or related experience a plus
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 10%).