INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
Milwaukee Tool's Value Engineering function focuses on translating ideas and product improvements into realities that benefit the customer experience and the company's bottom line. As a Value Engineer II, you will be assigned projects towards targeted yearly cost savings and/or enhancing existing product and functionality. Leveraging your experience, you will work with other engineers in analyzing current solutions and creating ideas for improving cost and performance of the electronics and electrical subsystems of industry leading products.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently to engineer enhancements of embedded system designs including schematic capture, PCB Layout, and microcontroller firmware of current mass production solutions.
- Generate and propose cost savings ideas to enhance product value.
- Collaborate with Operations team on process improvements that can reduce production costs and lead technical implementation for any engineering changes.
- Participate in teardowns of competitive products including providing cost estimates of components and sub-assemblies.
- Develop embedded system designs including schematic capture, PCB Layout, and microcontroller firmware from prototype through to mass production.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while providing technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching junior Engineers.
- Work with component suppliers and manufacturers for proper component selection on existing projects and providing input into future product needs.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in the design of electronics.
- Experience with engineering design tools such as MCU Compilers and Debuggers (8/16/32 Bit), PCB Design Software (Altium), Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes, and SPICE.
- Knowledge of electronic component selection and design tradeoffs.
- Ability to analyze a design for cost reduction opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to write detailed test plans and validate designs that meet product requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Practical background in any of the following:
- Portable electronics
- Li-Ion Battery Management Electronics
- Power electronics and power supply circuits
- Consumer electronics
- Instrumentation and measurement systems
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.