As a Senior Project Engineer for Milwaukee you will be utilizing your engineering skills and project management ability to execute design changes, derivative tool releases and general maintenance of existing products for Hand Tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads small to medium scale engineering projects for Product Support, Warranty & derivative products. Provides engineering support on mid-level complexity projects under the supervision of department manager.
- Work cross-functionally and globally with Quality & Reliability Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, Service & Support, Marketing, and numerous other departments.
- Evaluate product designs relative to the selection, cost and resolution of problems associated with materials, heat treatment and finishes. Work cross functionally with advanced engineering teams.
- Regularly visit the manufacturing cells/suppliers to maintain open lines of communication with the cell/suppliers and provide troubleshooting analysis as required.
- Track warranty activity and initiate corrective action.
- Request and perform tests per established procedures.
- Interpret data and make corresponding design changes including but not limited to:
- Utilization of computer aided simulation tools
- Stress analysis
- Selection of materials and heat treatments
- Tolerance stacks and deviation analysis
- Selection and evaluation of lubricant properties and uses
- Statics and dynamics
- Noise and vibration analysis
- Interact with suppliers to develop part and product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or educational equivalent is required. Preferred degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to travel to China & domestically several times of year is required (15% travel).
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects is required.
- Highly developed Mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials used in hand tools, and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- Ability to use CAD is required. Unigraphics or ProE are preferred.
- To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter who has a strong problem solving skill set and understands design, testing, and manufacturing processes (grinding, stamping, heat treatment, functional coatings, machining, etc).
- Able to provide a basic overview of upcoming workload and identify potential resource bottlenecks.
- Basic understanding of various cost drivers associated with materials, labor & overhead is required.
- PMP certification is a plus but not required.