INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Firmware Engineer II will collaborate with and establish trusting relationships with engineers and cross-functional teams locally and globally. You will participate in the new product development process supporting deliverables at key milestones.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently, design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot embedded systems including application functions and libraries for real-time applications and low to mid-level complexity projects.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures for firmware applications and subsystems.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while providing technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching junior Engineers.
- Work with component suppliers and manufacturers for proper component selection on existing projects and providing input into future product needs.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with embedded C/C++ or a comparable programming language for embedded systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following: DevOps, automated testing (LabView), continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), hardware in the loop (HIL), unit testing, structural testing methodologies, National Instrument hardware, and TestStand.
- Experience with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer reviews.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with CAD tools, particularly those relevant to electrical/PCB design.
- "Bare metal" C/C++ programming experience outside of an OS/RTOS.
- Experience developing bare-metal firmware designs for real-time applications.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.