Electronics Platform Project Manager
Date Posted: 5/12/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 5/12/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams.
Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Electronics Platform Project Manager will be responsible for providing project management, leadership, and technical direction for a variety of complex electronics platform development projects. You will oversee day-today activities of cross-functional project team members to ensure all groups are working toward the goal of successful and timely project completion.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Drive development of electronic platforms that meet functionality, performance and platform reusability needs while fulfilling cost, timing, reliability, and high-volume manufacturing requirements.
- Track electronics platform development projects to completion ensuring adherence to budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Provide direction, guidance, and expertise to Engineering and cross-functional team members.
- Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
- Accountable for technical elements of project execution including integration of components and sub-systems, safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Conduct design and safety reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for platform development phase progressions.
- Comply with all procedures covering electronics platform development and design output in addition to procedures from non-engineering departments related to project execution.
- Regularly schedule, develop agendas, facilitate, present project status and document project meetings.
- Engages manufacturing plants and outside suppliers as needed to achieve project goals.
- Make recommendations to update processes, existing standards and/or procedures as needed.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive offerings and the general business climate in the power tool industry.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of Engineering experience in related field.
- Experience successfully managing low to moderate complexity projects to develop new products, components, or systems.
- High aptitude for Electrical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of the electronics technologies preferably those used within power tool products.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters degree in Project Management, Systems Engineering, or Organizational Studies.
- Formal project management training.
- Electrical project experience is preferred.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.