Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 7/9/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Systems Engineer will utilize systems engineering approaches to enabling efficient development of innovative electric power tool and equipment systems. You will be responsible for leading system lifecycle management for electronic system requirements definition and documentation from voice of customer, business, and regulation system requirements, architecture definition and technology planning.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware for mid to high complexity projects.
- Negotiate, define, and maintain electronic technology and platform roadmaps enabling product roadmaps defined by product marketing.
- Lead definition of system and sub-system requirements and architectures including creation of block diagrams, definition of hardware/firmware interfaces, configuration management, creation of FMEAs, etc.
- Define and maintain electronic system architectures including hardware and firmware interfaces, configuration management, etc.
- Support development and refinement of tools and processes for execution of system engineering practices within an agile, high-velocity product development environment; support system integration and transition
- Collaborate on the development of system verification and validation strategies.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tools Culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work and driving to critical milestones.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as a role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, and coaching junior Engineers. Grow the ability to lead and manage a small team.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering, embedded systems, power electronics or related field.
- Proficient in systems thinking and applying to engineered systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with systems thinking and applying the systems approach to engineered systems.
- Experience with model-based systems engineering, Universal Modeling Language (UML), and/or Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Leadership experience.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.