INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Firmware Engineer will be a technical lead the design of new firmware architectures, applications, components, and libraries to ensure on-time delivery and requirements are met. You will interface with cross-functional teams to understand system design requirements and translate them into embedded requirements.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the design, development, testing, and troubleshooting of real-time, bare-metal firmware and embedded systems.
- Develop and refine engineering requirements based on marketing and user needs.
- Lead design and implementation of embedded software systems using modern software engineering processes.
- Peer-review software designs and source code.
- Establish and execute test procedures for software applications and subsystems.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources.
- Lead agile project teams through the new product development process.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tools Culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work and driving to critical milestones.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as a role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, and coaching junior Engineers.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with embedded C/C++.
- Experience developing bare-metal firmware designs.
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Knowledge and practical experience in all software development lifecycle phases.
- Experience with a microcontroller RTOS.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer reviews.
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets, basic understanding of digital circuits and interaction between firmware and electronics.
- Demonstrated ability using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's degree in computer engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Leadership or project management experience.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.