INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Firmware Test Engineer will be a technical lead in the development and execution of test strategies for new firmware architectures, applications, components, and libraries to ensure on-time delivery and requirements are met. You will interface with the electronics hardware design and other cross-functional teams to understand system design requirements and translate them into embedded requirements.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Design, develop, execute, and troubleshoot test procedures for firmware features, applications, and subsystems of mid to high-level complexity with minimal supervision from Principal/Chief engineers.
- Lead review and refinement of engineering requirements for test needs.
- Lead peer-review of test designs and automation.
- Develop test plans that enable the delivery of firmware that meets all requirements by testing.
- Lead agile project teams through the new product development process.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of test development.
- Develop and lead experiments using simulations and other methods to draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Use agile methods to break down tasks, provide estimates, drive critical milestones, and track progress to ensure adherence to schedule and Milwaukee Tool's processes.
- Lead technical meetings; create, gather and present technical information.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as a role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, and coaching junior Engineers. Grow the ability to lead and manage a small team.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with verification/validation testing, hardware in the loop (HIL) testing, embedded systems and/or PCBA design.
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets, along with a proficient understanding of digital circuits to understand the interaction between firmware and electronics.
- Proficient in using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, e-loads, data acquisition systems, multimeters, power analyzers, etc.
- Experience with National Instrument hardware, Test Stand, and/or LabView for automated testing (Development or Execution).
- Experience using a scripting language (Python, C#, or C/C++ etc.) to create automated tests
- General understanding of various testing methodologies.
- Experience leading through aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Proficient using tools required for software configuration management, requirements management, defect tracking, and peer review.
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement, and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, and process oriented.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Leadership or project management experience.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally outside of your core discipline.
- Exposure to bare-metal firmware design.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.