Sr. Electrical Engineering Tech - Test Bench in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Senior Electrical Engineering Technician - Test Bench
Milwaukee Tool is seeking an Engineering Technician to join our Electronics Laboratory team. The successful candidate will build prototype electronics and assemble test benches to support development and testing of our products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble test benches with test engineering support including PCBAs and wiring.
- Assemble prototype electronics for test and evaluation in a low volume / high mix environment including PCBAs and wiring.
- Write automated test sequence profiles to enable automated testing.
- Repair and rework assemblies as needed to support prototype development and testing.
- Operate assembly equipment typically used for densely populated SMT circuits: soldering iron, reflow oven, paste stencil, pick and place machine.
- Maintain an expert level of performance in SMT and PTH assembly and rework that keeps pace with our design complexity.
- Perform tests using a variety of electrical and mechanical test equipment and techniques.
- Collect data through various equipment and software programs
- Prepare thorough, timely, and accurate reports of test results and provide recommendations.
- Use Microsoft Excel to manage bills of materials and organize component inventory.
- Participate in the overall maintenance and continuous improvement of the electronic prototyping laboratory and electronics component inventory.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates Degree (A.A / A.S.) from a two-year college or technical school preferred or equivalent work experience and training.
- Five or more years of experience in printed circuit board level assembly showing a progression in skill level and ability to assemble by interpreting drawings, bills of material, schematics, and documentation typically associated with PCBAs.
- Experience with National Instruments hardware and software is preferred.
- The ability the write to enable automated testing is preferred.
- Experience with mechanical/electrical principles, test equipment, product life/performance test procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of test concepts in the design and development of products and components.
- Practical experience using Automated Assembly Equipment (Pick and Place) is preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks during a given work week (agility) and consistently deliver to a deadline.
- Demonstrated one-on-one communications skills required to resolve project related issues quickly.
- Computer skills needed to navigate MS Office products, especially Excel.
- Capability to lift and manipulate 30lbs.