Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Teams: Engineering - Electrical
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The IoT Embedded Systems Engineer II will collaborate with global Engineering and Operations teams to apply a platform use approach to new wireless communications designs while gathering and implementing design considerations for use in multiple product categories.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work independently to design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot wireless embedded electronics hardware and firmware for low to mid-level complexity projects.
- Use laboratory equipment such as power, logic, and protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes, power supplies, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Create test plans for electronic components and assemblies within scope of project or platform development.
- Identify tradeoffs and solutions to problems and strive to resolve quickly in a high urgency environment.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior Engineers.
- Work with component suppliers and manufacturers for proper component selection on existing projects and providing input into future product needs.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools. Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as FCC, IC, and CE.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a design related role.
- Familiarity of common wireless communications protocols such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, Zig-bee or LoRa.
- Understanding of wireless communications, embedded systems, and PCBA manufacturing.
- Analog and digital system tradeoffs and design, including signal integrity and noise analysis.
- Working knowledge of C programming targeted at an implementation on microcontrollers.
- Experience with schematic capture, PCB layout, and circuit simulation tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic. Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- Experience designing Bluetooth Low Energy products.
- Knowledge of RF HW or Antenna design and test.
- Working knowledge of C programming targeted at an implementation on microcontrollers. Knowledge of firmware development tools and processes.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.