Senior Electrical Engineer - IoT R&D
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Electrical Engineer - IoT R&D will lead the design of new products and features, responsible for firmware and hardware design, development, verification, documentation, and release to market. This includes working in a team environment interacting with marketing, project leadership, mechanical engineering, and other electronics engineers to release a successful product.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics firmware and hardware for IoT applications while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
- Work with marketing, project leadership, and product owners to add new IoT features for next generation power tools.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CE, FCC, and ANSI.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, power analyzers, and data acquisition systems.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of design related experience.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy protocols and features and understanding power management and ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Proficiency and experience in C and C++.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service. · And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.