Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 5/3/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Interfacing with these products is our ONEKEY application.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Chief Engineer Security will lead a team of security specialists and project leaders in the power tool business in areas of security strategy using various security methods and tests. As the Chief Engineer, you will work within and facilitate a collaborative team environment with executive leadership, engineering, marketing, quality, agency/safety teams, suppliers, IT, and global manufacturing operations.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Build, own and execute the product security strategy and roadmaps that include end-to-end protections.
- Build security maturity models for team understanding and corresponding strategic plans and roadmaps.
- Achieve realistic software security goals through continuous security & improvement processes through a DevSecOps mindset.
- Establish baseline security standards for embedded products.
- Lead and collaborate the security architecture design review and change review processes and ensure security architecture is adequately addressed in strategy plans, environmental changes, and architecture designs.
- Collaborate with partner teams on security issues, providing strategic leadership in a committee like fashion, including a governance board for overall organizational security and compliancy participation.
- Champion and drive new security strategies, processes, and procedures to meet the needs of a changing business.
- Own all facets of team hiring, performance management and career development.
- Manage a team of talented product security professionals.
- Provide technical education and training to peer groups and their staff.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years hands-on experience leading, managing, and developing high performance security teams in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- 10+ years of hands-on experience of information security technologies such as security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, security controls and processes such as passive network monitoring, endpoint detection and response, incident response (MDR), and vulnerability management.
- Hands on experience with embedded systems including hardware and embedded software (firmware) including JTAG and other hardware connection schemes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security pillars (application, network security, key management/PKI, IAM, SSO, federation, data encryption and endpoint protection).
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance such as CCPA, GDPR, SOC2 Type2, ISO 27001.
- Experience building relationships with security vendors on security technologies and assessments.
- Participate in on call rotation with your team.
- The ability to challenge the organization with data to drive best in class security strategy adoption.
- Articulate, plan, implement and manage software security best practices.
- Leadership of teams utilizing an agile development processes and tools.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Security certifications desirable, not mandatory
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.