INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Project Leader - Internet of Things (IoT) & Security is responsible for managing moderate to high complexity IoT engineering projects with minimal direction. Individuals in this position will provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation of projects involving Milwaukee Tool tools and devices that connect to the internet. This position will be highly involved with our product security team on security initiatives between our hardware, firmware and software engineering security teams. You'll work with a world class team of cross-functional engineers, manufacturing operations, product marketing and other key stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Security & IoT
- Provides leadership over moderate to high complexity IoT & Security projects. Provides direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members. Review work of designers, engineers and other project team members.
- Responsible for working with security engineers on execution of product security strategy and roadmaps that include end-to-end protections
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering IoT and security projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines, while also ensuring adherence to standardized security controls and designs
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by participating with leadership in creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion. Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers in multiple locations.
- Drive design of project to meet market driven design guides and fulfill cost, timing, reliability, and high-volume manufacturing requirements.
- Analyze, evaluate, and select from design execution alternatives to best meet specification objectives and implement designs into mass production.
- Accountable for technical elements of project execution including integration of complicated components and assemblies, material selection, packaging, and safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Conduct design and safety reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for product development phase progressions.
- Comply with all METCo procedures covering new product development and design output in addition to procedures of non-engineering departments related to project flow.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
- Schedules, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Regularly makes presentations of project status.
- May occasionally recommend changes to existing standards and procedures.
- Maintains an awareness of competitive offerings and the general business climate in the power tool industry.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
- Participate in standardized audits and review such as AICPA SOC2, ISO 27001 and NIST CSF.
- Interacts extensively with manufacturing plants and outside suppliers to achieve project goals.
- Makes component material or process recommendations.
- Helps standardize and support manufacturing operations in regard to IoT products and security (including setup, programming/provisioning, data collection and auditing procedures)
- Implements new experiments and test systems.
- Exhibits vision and foresight to guide team members through well thought out, logical test regimes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related degree. Formal project management training preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' Project Management experience in related field.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in IoT and Security related work preferred (security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, security controls and processes and vulnerability management).
- Proven experience successfully managing moderate to high complexity projects and/or subsystems of larger projects.
- Understands agile frameworks and methodologies as pertains to project delivery (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Electrical Project Experience is a plus.
- Software Development Experience is a plus.
- Must possess a high level of Mechanical, Electrical and/or Software engineering aptitude.
- Must have a working design knowledge of a wide variety of the technologies associated with Milwaukee products.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.