INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Interfacing with these products is our ONEKEY application.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Firmware Security Engineer will contribute to a team of security specialists to drive security strategy and harden bare metal embedded systems. As the Senior Embedded Security Engineer, you will work within a collaborative team environment with executive leadership, engineering, marketing, quality, agency/safety teams, suppliers, IT, and global manufacturing operations.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Build, own and execute the product security strategy that include end-to-end protections.
- Contribute to the development of security maturity models for team understanding and corresponding strategic plans and roadmaps.
- Achieve realistic embedded security goals through continuous security & improvement processes through a DevSecOps mindset.
- Establish and implement baseline security standards for embedded products.
- Collaborate on the security architecture design review and change review processes.
- Collaborate with partner teams on security issues providing guidance and expertise to secure embedded products.
- Champion and drive new security strategies, processes, and procedures to meet the needs of a changing business.
- Articulate, plan, implement and manage embedded product security best practices.
- Test existing devices to ensure compliance with a set security strategy
- Provide education and training to peers.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or comparable experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of embedded security technologies such as security design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, security controls, processes, and testing.
- 5+ years hands-on experience of firmware development, testing, and debugging.
- Hands on experience with embedded systems including hardware and embedded firmware including serial communication protocols and Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE)
- Demonstrated knowledge of security for microcontrollers and other embedded electronics elements. Proven ability and experience in evaluating device capability.
- Experience building relationships with security vendors on security technologies and assessments.
- The ability to challenge the organization with data to drive best in class embedded security strategy adoption.
- Participation in teams utilizing an agile development processes and tools.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Embedded system development and/or testing experience with complex products.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.