Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Project teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis fabrics, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility.?To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing test systems. The primary role is to work closely with Operations, New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering teams to create automated testing solutions to enhance the quality and performance of our products through manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop automated systems for manufacturing testing of new product development.
- Execute the building, testing and programming of automated systems and fixtures.
- Create CAD models and drawings of system assemblies, components and products.
- Utilize LabVIEW, Visual Basic, and PLC ladder programming in system and fixture development.
- Experience with sensor/transducer selection and implementation to measure such elements as force, torque and velocity.
- Manage multiple projects to deliver new products to market on time.
- Introduce manufacturing test processes and drive appropriate corrective actions and cost reductions.
- Review and thoroughly understand product function and design specifications.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology.
- Ability to understand electrical documentation and schematics.
- Travel to domestic and international sites for on-site testing support 10-20%.
- Investigate the latest technologies in automation, data acquisition, and testing to ensure operational excellence.
- Support and maintain all test systems thru end of life.
- Lead mechanical, electrical, and software design reviews for manufacturing test systems.
- Provide project updates to engineering leadership on status, risks, and priority.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing test system development and automation.
- Experience in manufacturing test development, automation, data-acquisition, and fixture development.
- Experience in programming languages such as LabView, C++, C#, PLC's.
- Knowledge of mechatronics incorporating hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical components.
- Experience in mechanical design utilizing CAD, SolidWorks or NX-Unigraphics.
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, data acquisition and manufacturing test development.
- Experience in working with outsource vendors a plus.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.