Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Mechanical
Date Posted: 3/28/2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create CAD models using Siemens NX incorporating surfacing when needed
- Design components considering manufacturing process such as plastic injection molding, die casting, and forgings.
- Prepare layouts and design drawings and/or CAD models of new and improved products, subassemblies and components.
- Perform dimensioning and tolerancing calculations that may include assemblies with multiple parts and/or where moving parts must not interfere with fixed parts.
- Perform testing when required with little to no guidance
- Analyze information obtained from testing and provide analysis to team
- Analyze prototype and competitive tools and measure and record data and information; this may require use of some simple instrumentation or measuring devices.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a technical Associate Degree in design/engineering technologies or a minimum of 5 years of experience in computer 3D modeling.
- Minimum of 3 years 3D modeling experience preferred.
- Experience modeling complex surfaces preferred
- Computer skills needed include Microsoft office, Unigraphics (NX12.0) or similar 3D CAD package.
- Requires prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools.
- Must understand the application of Milwaukee products.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.