Firmware Quality and Reliability Engineer II
employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
As an engineer for Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarters in Brookfield, Wisconsin, and be part of a rapidly growing company. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals. Milwaukee Tool offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k matching, as well as providing an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues, and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead teams for new product designs and engineering changes with respect to firmware Reliability and Quality goals and metrics.
- Support of Advanced Engineering activities to meet targeted CTQ (Critical to Quality) needs.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to define the products' specifications and lead in all aspects of reliability, quality and firmware testing.
- Interact with participating domestic and international suppliers for product development.
- Track multiple projects simultaneously to ensure scheduling adherence and to the Milwaukee Tool process.
- Root cause failure analysis.
- Technical preparation of products for mass production.
- Assess firmware processes, metrics, and risks throughout the firmware development lifecycle to ensure reliability for tools, batteries, and chargers.
- Work across multiple teams to jointly develop, document, and train firmware processes.
- Auditing and certification of firmware development processes with internal and external auditors.
- Drive continuous improvement of process development.
- Develop test plans and prove test methods based on new or established product designs to ensure firmware meets customer requirements.
- Ensure test strategies and test plans balance test-to-pass and test-to-fail items.
- Perform Design of Experiments (DOE) to support Engineering in their understanding of quality concerns and improvements to design.
- Review test plans/procedures ensuring that full test coverage and best practices are utilized.
- Analyze, draw conclusions, report status of firmware quality metrics.
- Ensure timely failure reporting and lead root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventative actions (FRACA).
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 3-5 years of experience with embedded C/C++.
- 3-5 years of experience with firmware or software quality or reliability.
- Practical experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with new product commercialization processes emphasizing design, manufacturing, quality, test or reliability activities.
- Experience leading firmware process audits with internal and external auditors (UL for example).
- Experience, including training, in quality engineering fundamentals and proven experience leading a primary function within a project team.
- Previous relevant experience with experiment designs, life data analysis, and other related statistical tools and software (i.e. Minitab, Reliasoft)
- Skills in mentoring other employees in firmware development and quality processes
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer reviews.
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets, along with a basic understanding of digital circuits to understand the interaction between firmware and electronics
- Demonstrated ability to successfully pass external firmware process audits.
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Written and verbal communication skills and creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time. (domestic and international)
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- ASQ Reliability Engineering Certification (ASQ-CRE) or the ability and desire to achieve certification.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) or Six Sigma experience.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.