As a Packaging Engineer at Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will be responsible for leading the development and design of packaging from concept to commercialization for new product launches.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with domestic and global Engineering and Marketing teams to design packaging that fulfills product and merchandising needs
- Utilize Solidworks and ArtiosCAD for concepts and development
- Coordinate testing plans to validate new packaging
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring adherence to timelines. Provide technical assistance and consultation to all areas of Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, and Quality, as it relates to packaging
- Work to develop packaging alternatives that help support cost reduction initiatives
- Regularly visit manufacturing, distribution, and suppliers to maintain open lines of communication and provide troubleshooting analysis, as required
- Lead and assist in rapid resolution of related production packaging issues
- Develop & maintain global awareness of competitor product offerings and emerging design technologies in the packaging industry
- Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Packaging Engineering required
- 1+ years related experience in packaging development supporting new product development initiatives for consumer retail goods.
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering and Engineering departments to execute projects from concept to closure
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Functional knowledge of Solidworks and ArtiosCAD
- Knowledge of packaging materials: corrugated, paperboard, plastics, flexible films, labels, adhesives, and sealing technologies.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods of packaging materials: thermoforming, injection molding, and printing processes
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.