- 3:00pm - 1:30am
- Schedule is four, 10 hour shifts
- State of the art facility
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
Under the direction of the Technical Supervisor, the position will be accountable for the activities of the department requiring the application of Journeyman trades, craft occupations or combinations of high skills to operate equipment, special machinery and other systems in support of R&D and NPD activities.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Independently set up, program and operate CNC equipment including, mills, lathes, grinders, stamping press, EDM, metal forming equipment, or otherwise to shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes. Ensure that programs and set-up will function properly, and that output will meet specifications. Must be able to make necessary machine adjustments to meet engineering tolerances.
- Select/create and mount proper work holding and tooling, according to specifications. Apply knowledge of parameters, shop mechanics, and metal properties.
- Maintain equipment performing PM's at regular intervals
- Use a variety of gage measurement equipment to verify dimensions.
- Plans machining instructions and sequence of operations by studying blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T). Select materials to be used when applicable from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Schedule work that has been assigned and communicate accurate time estimates to supervisor. Collaborate with Engineering and exchange information regarding Lab Requests.
- Respond to problems by reviewing machine setup and process. Able to identify root causes and adjust as needed. Observe and listen to operating machines & equipment and recommend process improvements.
- Must work effectively in team environment requiring minimal supervision and is a self-starting individual willing to take initiative for personal development.
- Contributes to organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- 2-year Technical degree required, or minimum 5 years' experience in a related field.
- Must have prior experience setting up and programming CNC Machining and Turning Centers.
- Must have R&D mindset and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with manual data input (MDI) and G & M codes.
- Experience with Siemens and or Fanuc machine controls.
- Experience with CAD/CAM i.e.; Solid Works, Mastercam, Tool Studio, Vector Cam or equivalent.
- Experience with 5S principles highly preferred
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.