INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in engineering resources to design and develop leadership in engineering capabilities; something unique within the industry, and we're pushing the limits.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Operations Project Leader will guide development and deployment of key operations-wide, strategic initiatives. In this position, you will run and direct a cross-functional team members throughout the project(s) which typically have a 6-18mo. duration. This role is responsible for managing multiple, moderate to highly complex and potentially under-defined, projects in parallel with minimal direction.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Develop project charters and governance documents. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks.
- Quickly establish credibility with different business units, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Visualize entire scope of a project with very little guidance, while having the ability to step back to evaluate against business and departmental big picture.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, and facilitate project meetings. Document discussion with action items to effectively capture meeting topics.
- Track project schedules to keep visibility to team members and stakeholders, to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements, and results. Including executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Provide multiple "what-if" scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well-rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Determine appropriate level of stress/ testing to place on project improvement initiative to prove reliability of improvement or change. Work with business to develop these test plans and methodologies
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication, perseverance, and consistency.
- Identify and escalate (when needed) key project hurdles or roadblocks
- Develop and deliver project fundamental training to all levels of organization as needed (advocate of project management methodologies). Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Operations or Lean/Continuous Improvement roles
- Five or more years related project management experience
- Previous facilitator and coaching experience where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Advanced data analysis or statistical skills in MS Excel, Minitab, Pareto, Control charts, PowerPivot, and/or VBA
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including MS Project or similar
- Advanced project management skills
- Master's Degree pertinent to any cross functional business interactions
- Six Sigma Certification or training
- Success in managing multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, making sound decisions, and working effectively in a matrix environment.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills in an executive setting.
- Track record of success with cross functional teams, driving change and implementing new processes that significantly improve sales effectiveness.
- International work experience and exposure
- Effective written and oral communication skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility.
- Innovative problem solver; resolve issues and challenges with strong sense of urgency.
- PMP or PMI Certification
- EDI, ERP, Distribution, and/or Inventory Management experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE