Project Engineer - AMD/Operations
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
As a Project Engineer within Operations, your primary focus would be to the support of Milwaukee's Accessory products. In this role, you would report directly to the Operations Program Manager. You will be utilizing your engineering skills and project management ability to support new product development (NPD) launches as well as value engineering (VE). Project types include execution of design changes, derivative product releases and general maintenance of existing products. In addition, you will work directly with manufacturing cells to improve processes and reduce costs through machine improvements, capacity projects, and DFMA design changes.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Lead 3-4 small to medium scale engineering projects for NPD, VE & derivative products. Provide engineering support on high complexity projects, as needed.
- Create project schedules, resource plans and facilitate and document project meetings.
- Track project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines; keep team and management informed of project issues. Identify and mitigate project risks. Escalate as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally and globally with Quality & Reliability, Engineering, Sourcing, Finance, Supply and Demand, Marketing, and other departments.
- Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers in multiple locations. Lead formal project technical reviews and participate in management reviews for assigned projects.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost, reliability and manufacturability and offer improvement ideas. Make component, material, or process recommendations.
- Lead manufacturing process related feasibility studies.
- Interact with operation, quality and suppliers to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Establish test regimens for components and assemblies with the project team. Develop, write and analyze test requests with the Milwaukee Tool Test Laboratory.
- Establish machine run-off specifications with input from the project team.
- Serve as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with manufacturing teams and suppliers.
- Regularly visit the production sites and suppliers to maintain open lines of communication and provide opportunity/troubleshooting analysis as required.
- Ability to travel internationally & domestically as required (10%-25% travel).
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant working experience.
- Strong technical understanding of multiple manufacturing and assembly processes and possible design/manufacturing hurdles that must be overcome to manufacture product.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Computer aided design skills are a significant advantage but not required; including Unigraphics (NX8.5) or similar 3D CAD package. Experience with Teamcenter a plus.
- Experience with ERP systems and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) desired - Microsoft Dynamics AX and HighJump a plus
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.