Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
As an Advanced Manufacturing Development Engineer (AMD) you will participate as a member of the department's engineering team in the development of new manufacturing processes, plans and improvement initiatives to support advanced manufacturing initiatives.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with Advanced Manufacturing & Technology engineering staff, and OPs PL's to ensure a schedule attainment is achieved and robust documentation is provided for the assigned tasks to create a successful transition of process development activities into a manufacturing setting.
- Work with New Product Development design engineers and cross-functional teams to evaluate and advise product design for optimized manufacturability.
- Identify and use new techniques and tools to the new product process development to achieve reduction of process development at the delivery phase for projects.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Perform a variety of calculation and software-aided analyses to prove process reliability, capability and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Strong emphasis on fixture and gaging design, development and implementation for repeatable process performance.
- Identify and work with outside technical resources on specific projects and/or products when appropriate; i.e., universities, consultants, Research and Development, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Knowledge to draw preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings, using standard computer-assisted design software (NX)
- Knowledge to design a broad range of tooling, cutting tools, fixtures, equipment, and gauges to implement manufacturing processes.
- Make formal presentations regarding project status.
- Ability to be interactive 'hands on' with each upcoming engineering project.
- Create, maintain, and package robust documentation packages for responsible development activities and work with manufacturing team to verify alignment regarding collected information and support the pre-production activities for processes.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 5 years engineering related experience is required.
- Proven record of accomplishment of process development related activities such as stamping, forming, welding, and grinding in a manufacturing environment required.
- Travel Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, 30% - 40%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.