Advanced Manufacturing Controls Engineer
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
Under the direction of and reporting to the Chief Engineer, plans, organizes, coordinates, and executes process development activities while problem solving manufacturing processes requirements; and performs other related duties as assigned. The AMD Engineer candidate should have broad understanding of electrical wiring, PLC Ladder programming, HMI development, and multi axis motion controllers, as these skillsets will be used in combination to successfully accomplish the required responsibilities. Ability to travel to manufacturing sites to transition process development operating knowledge from AMD to AMT.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of the department's engineering team in the development of new manufacturing processes, plans and improvement initiatives to support advanced manufacturing initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with Advanced Manufacturing & Technology engineering staff, and OPs PL's to ensure a schedule attainment is achieved and robust documentation is provided for the assigned tasks to create a successful transition of process development activities into a manufacturing setting.
- Work with New Product Development design engineers and cross-functional teams to evaluate and advise product design for optimized manufacturability.
- Identify and use new techniques and tools to the new product process development to achieve reduction of process development at the delivery phase for projects.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Develop new controls solutions as well as integrate existing controls platforms
- Strong servo motor and motion control programming skills.
- Emphasis on Allen Bradley PLC's and HMI's.
- Identify and work with outside technical resources on specific projects and/or products when appropriate.
- Knowledge to draw electrical schematics using CAD.
- Familiarity with motors, sensors, pneumatics, and general electrical wiring practices.
- Make formal presentations regarding project status.
- Ability to be interactive 'hands on' with each upcoming engineering project.
- Create, maintain, and package robust documentation packages for responsible development activities and work with manufacturing team to verify alignment regarding collected information and support the pre-production activities for processes.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Minimum 5 years engineering related experience is required.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Travel Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, 10% - 20%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.