INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES!At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in engineering resources to design and develop leadership in engineering capabilities; something unique within the industry.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
As a Senior Advanced Manufacturing Development Engineer, you will participate as a member of the department's engineering team in the development of new manufacturing processes, plans and improvement initiatives to support advanced manufacturing initiatives.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with advanced manufacturing engineering staff, and project leaders to ensure a schedule attainment is achieved and robust documentation is provided for the assigned tasks to create a successful transition of process development activities into a manufacturing setting.
- Work with New Product Development (NPD) design engineers and cross-functional teams to evaluate and advise product design for optimized manufacturability.
- Identify and use new techniques and tools to the new product process development to achieve reduction of process development at the delivery phase for projects.
- Work with and steer development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and targets.
- Perform a variety of calculation and software-aided analyses to prove process reliability, capability, and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge, and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Strong emphasis on fixture and gaging design, development, and implementation for repeatable process performance.
- Identify and work with outside technical resources on specific projects and/or products when appropriate, i.e., universities, consultants, Research and Development, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Knowledge to draw preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings, using standard computer-assisted design software (NX)
- Knowledge to design a broad range of tooling, cutting tools, fixtures, equipment, and gauges to implement manufacturing processes.
- Ability to be interactive 'hands on' with each upcoming engineering project.
- Create, maintain, and package robust documentation packages for responsible development activities and work with manufacturing team to verify alignment regarding collected information and support the pre-production activities for processes.
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation and mentorship to others.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Sever or more years of engineering related experience is required.
- Strong proficiency in 3D CAD -- NX, Solidworks, or similar as well as FEA.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of manufacturing process related activities such as fixture design, metal working, welding, brazing, and grinding.
- Ability to >30% travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE