Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
As a Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, you will participate as a member of the department's engineering team in the development of mechanical design and build of new manufacturing equipment/processes, plan improvement initiatives, and provide technical leadership to support advanced manufacturing initiatives.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with advanced manufacturing engineering staff, and project leaders to ensure a schedule attainment is achieved for the design engineering responsibilities.
- Oversee the Advanced Manufacturing Design Engineering team adding input into designs and validating design concepts through testing, simulation tools, etc.
- Work with engineering techs on complex machine assemblies and be able to make changes as needed to adhere to cross-functional agree upon schedules.
- Work with suppliers on effective cost and delivery of quality parts for assembly of equipment being designed for development and manufacturing machine.
- Perform a variety of calculation and software-aided analyses to prove process reliability, capability, and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge, and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Strong emphasis on machinery and fixture design, development, and implementation for repeatable process performance.
- Identify and work with outside technical resources on specific projects. Research and Development, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Knowledge to draw preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings, using standard computer-assisted design software (Solidworks).
- Knowledge to design a broad range of tooling, fixtures, equipment, and gauges to implement manufacturing processes.
- Ability to be interactive 'hands on' with each upcoming engineering project.
- Create, maintain, and package robust documentation packages for drawings of AMD designed machinery and fixturing.
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation and mentorship to others.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 7 years engineering related experience is required.
- Strong proficiency in 3D CAD -- NX, Solidworks, or similar as well as FEA.
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of manufacturing process related activities such as fixture design, metal working, welding, brazing, and grinding.
- Travel Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, up to 30%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.