Sup Inventory Control - 2nd Shift
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Date Posted: 5/13/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi
Job Type: Supply Chain/Distribution/Logistics
Date Posted: 5/13/2021
The Inventory Control Supervisor will assist the organization with inventory accuracy and tracking, item transition, allocation, demand planning and scheduling. The individual in this position will be responsible for supervising people conducting inventory functions including physical inventory, cycle counts, inventory adjustments, SKU relocation with utilizing a WMS, RF scanning and an ERP system. This position will help drive inventory accuracy, picking accuracy and efficiency by leading their team to manage the company's inventory effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervise the Inventory Control team to ensure all inventory control functions are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
* Work with the Demand and Supply Planning teams as well as the Customer Experience Team on item transitions and allocation activities
* Develop, implement and enforce new inventory control procedures.
* Organize and perform physical inventory, cycle count and inventory transfer transactions in the system.
* Audit inventory, receipts, returns and storage practices.
* Analyze inventory and compile inventory reports for management.
* Develop employees and cross train them in all functions of the department.
* Publish monthly reports related to inventory control, item transition, kitting operations, etc.
* Reconcile Physical Inventory variances.
* Work to improve inventory accuracy and warehouse process efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Detail-oriented, analytical with strong organizational, problem-solving, and follow-up skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient at using a computer; above average skill in using web-based and Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
* Must have ability to comprehend procedures, systems and data.
* Solid understanding of inventory control functions and principles and how they impact processing orders and company financial targets.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and changing priorities simultaneously.
* Self-starter with initiative. Must be able to execute tasks with minimal direct supervision.
* Bachelors of Business Administration or equivalent degree preferred, will accept strong work experience in place of a degree * Experience working in inventory systems such as WMS systems, RF scan guns and ERP systems
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.