Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 5/1/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The System Engineer II will collaborate with cross-functional teams locally and globally to support advanced technology planning, developing system architectures and requirements, and overseeing design progressions during product developments. You will define, document, and manage system level tests, risks and issues for product platforms.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently, design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot embedded electronics including hardware and firmware for low to mid-level complexity projects.
- Support the definition of system and sub-system requirements and architectures including creation of block diagrams, definition of hardware/firmware interfaces, configuration management, creation of FMEAs, etc.
- Create and execute test plans to support system requirements validation and system issue management.
- Collecting, organizing, prioritizing, and support root cause analysis for known system/platform level issues for corrective action.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of system verification and validation strategies.
- Support system integration and transition into new product development.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while providing technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching junior Engineers.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
- Establish and maintain understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in systems engineering, embedded systems, power electronics or related field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Familiarity with systems thinking and applying the systems approach to engineered systems.
- Familiarity with model-based systems engineering, Universal Modeling Language (UML), and/or Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Experience with analog and digital system design
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.