ENGINEERING MANAGER - GLOBAL COMPONENT & SUPPLIER EXPANSION
Manages, supports, and provides leadership direction to project leaders and design engineers. Responsible for engineering activities including component qualification, product life cycle support, technology integration and supplier development. Collaborates with business unit leadership in product, manufacturing and operations strategies.
Scope of technical knowledge is all power tool components with focus on injection molding, die casting and metals processes. Requires strong leadership skills, functional management as well as experience managing multiple projects to meet schedule deliverables. Must be able to work effectively in a global team environment and interface closely with Quality, Finance, Marketing, Supply Planning, Purchasing and Manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering leadership and direct engineering driven activities within the department.
- Ensure all projects are complete on time, at cost, and within budget.
- Develop resource plans, including candidate screening & hiring.
- Regularly present engineering project status, schedule updates, and financial updates to stakeholders.
- Manage capital projects.
- Recruit, develop and coach engineering team members.
- Develop and improve business and department processes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Graduate studies preferred in the business areas such as Project Management, Operations or Procurement studies. Formal project management training preferred.
- 6+ years of leadership managing engineering departments and engineering teams.
- Technical cross functional management.
- Financial acumen including manufacturing cost drivers associated with materials, labor & overhead.
- Talent development.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in related field.
- Experience successfully managing low-moderate complexity projects and/or subsystems of larger projects.
- Electro-mechanical experience preferred.
- Must possess a high level of Mechanical/Electrical engineering aptitude.
- Must have a working design knowledge of a wide variety of the technologies associated with Milwaukee products.
- Review & approve test plans and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
- Must be a self-starter, hands-on and able to work in fast paced environment.
- Must possess great communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically & internationally, up to 20% as required.