INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in a mix of mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to design and develop leadership in motor capabilities. We create Best-in-Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive hands-on testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Project Leader will be responsible for providing project management, leadership, and technical direction for a variety of complex projects within our Outdoor Power Equipment group. You will oversee day-to-day activities of cross-functional project team members to ensure all groups are working toward the goal of successful and timely project completion.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction, guidance, and engineering expertise to designers, engineers, and other project team members through the review their work.
- Track projects and communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers in multiple locations, ensuring that all groups are fulfilling cost, timing, reliability, and high-volume manufacturing.
- Designs new experiments and test systems.
- Exhibits vision and foresight to test the extremes of a design and guide the team members through well thought out, logical test regimes.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
- Accountable for technical elements of project execution including integration of complicated components and assemblies, material selection, packaging, and safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Conduct design and safety reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for product development phase progressions.
- Comply with all procedures covering new product development and design output in addition to procedures from non-engineering departments related to project execution.
- Regularly schedule, develop agendas, facilitate, present project status and document project meetings.
- Engage manufacturing plants and outside suppliers as needed to achieve project goals.
- Make recommendations to update processes, existing standards procedures and component materials as needed.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive offerings and the general business climate in the power tool industry.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of Engineering experience in related field.
- Experience successfully managing low to moderate complexity projects and/or subsystems of larger projects.
- High aptitude for Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of the electronics technologies preferably those used within power tool products.
- Ability to draft comprehensive test plans and specifications.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's degree in Project Management, Finance, Marketing, or Organizational Studies.
- Formal project management training.
- Electrical project experience is preferred.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.