Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Reliability Engineer - OPE's primary responsibilities are to utilize engineering skills to contribute to the development and qualification of new products for the Outdoor Power Equipment business unit. This individual will report to the Reliability / Quality Team lead and will interface with Marketing, Design Engineering, Quality, Testing and Regulatory. Throughout a product's development cycle, this position requires cross-functional communication skills and analytical expertise to help launch new and exciting products that meet user needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify "Critical to Quality" (CTQ) user need requirements including physical characteristics, performance, durability, and life targets
- Develop test plans, work instructions and test fixtures based on new or existing products to ensure CTQ requirements are met
- Participate and collaborate on project teams involving Marketing and Engineering leading in all aspects of reliability and product testing
- Track multiple projects simultaneously to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee Tool brand
- Review new product designs and engineering changes with respect to product reliability, user requirements and warranty information
- Collaborate with test laboratories to ensure full test completion and best practices are utilized
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis
- Ensure timely failure reporting, root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventative actions (FRACA)
- Report and present product information utilizing statistical techniques such as Weibull life analysis, reliability distributions, matrices and other common tools
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with using and/or developing Outdoor Power Equipment
- Familiar with OPEI, ANSI, UL, IEC, CSA Standards for Outdoor Power Equipment
- Strong hands-on experience with developing test procedures and prototype test fixtures
- Experience using Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology for analyzing product performance, life expectations and establishing product specification limits
- Strong Statistical analysis experience using software such as Reliasoft & Minitab
- Experience using Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Experience with using Power BI, SQL or other software applications for analyzing product reliability based off of warranty data
- Strong time management skills for working effectively and meeting deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, communication, team collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or educational equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in related reliability and/ or quality field
- Ability to travel 10% - 20% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International)
- Availability for evening calls with global team
- Preferred: The ability and desire to achieve ASQ Reliability Engineering Certification (ASQ-CRE)
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.