INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE) Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in a mix of mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to design and develop leadership in motor capabilities. We create Best-in-Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive hands-on testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Design Engineer I is a member of a cross-functional team working in a fast-paced environment to innovate and bring to life new products from conception to production. You will design, test, and create design solutions to meet consumer requirements.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Perform a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis, material and heat treatment selection, tolerance and fit analyses, lubrication, spur and helical gear design, statics and dynamics, noise and vibration and a variety of machine element design.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost, and reliability.
- Participate in field research with Outdoor Power Equipment customers and Professional Landscapers.
- Develop and apply manufacturing mindset to designs to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Work as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with manufacturing teams and suppliers.
- Maintain regular communication with manufacturing and other cross-functional team members to track projects to ensure adherence to schedule.
- Interact with component suppliers and manufacturers for proper component selection and developing part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Independently develop, write, and analyze test requests with the Milwaukee Tool Test Laboratory.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of design experience in a related industry.
- Proficiency in GD&T and CAD.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Electro-Mechanical project accomplishments.
- Willingness to learn skill sets outside primary discipline.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.