INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Power Electronics Engineer II will collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams globally to design, build and qualify innovative power delivery solutions ranging from 10's of watts to 10's of kW using novel semiconductor switches. You will join a team of passionate electronic, mechanical and controls engineers to deliver the next Milwaukee Tool breakthroughs.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently, design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot power electronics for low to midlevel complexity projects.
- Simulate, design, and validate various AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC topologies.
- Independently write test requests to the Milwaukee Test Laboratory based on established standard test procedures and prior examples.
- Create design documents, schematic, layout, bill of materials, test plan and test report.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while providing technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching junior Engineers.
- Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications meeting performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with power electronics, including switch mode power supply topologies, and semiconductor component selection.
- Experience in analog circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Familiarity with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE (circuit simulation tools), and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Experience using statistical design or design of experiments methods to determine root cause.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.