INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in a mix of mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to design and develop leadership in motor capabilities. We create Best-in-Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive hands-on testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Motor Engineer II will collaborate with local cross-functional, Global Motor Engineering, and Operations teams to create and execute test plans to verify motor performance and thermal limits per project requirements. You will develop and apply a platform-based mindset to motor designs to ensure consistent and efficient mass-produced Milwaukee motors and products around the world.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently to design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot motors for mid to high-level complexity projects.
- Create test plans for motor components and assemblies within scope of the project.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct hands-on experiments of power tools, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Perform root cause failure analysis on motor failures.
- Self-manage and track your projects, contributions of design, and test workflows to ensure project adherence to schedule and Milwaukee Tool's processes.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while providing technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching junior Engineers.
- Work with component suppliers and manufacturers for proper component selection on existing projects and providing input into future product needs.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a design related role.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Basic motor theory of Brushless and Brushed PMDC and AC motors
- Electromagnetic analysis and motor design
- Motor construction and assembly
- Motor component design and manufacturing methods
- FEA and CAD
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement, and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with motors in a related industry.
- Proficiency with FEA and/or CAD.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.