Electrical Engineering Technician - Outdoor Power Equipment
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Electronics Engineering Technician will support new product design teams through test development, data analysis and competitor benchmarking. You will configure products for testing, log the measurements for data collection/ graphing, and troubleshoot, repair, and modify circuit board assemblies. You will assist in the overall operation and maintenance of our state-of-the-art Electronics Prototype Lab equipment and operating procedures.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Assemble and prepare small quantities of prototype power tool products for testing and evaluation based on procedures and specifications.
- Operate various types of electrical test equipment used to gather data including oscilloscopes, data loggers, instruments, environmental chambers, and meters.
- Operate soldering equipment typically used for densely populated SMT circuits as well as wiring for power electronics.
- Develop expert level of performance in SMT and PTH assembly and rework that keeps pace with tool designs.
- Operate various lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and e-loads.
- Perform tests per work instructions and other procedures.
- Prepare reports of test results and make recommendations.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks to achieve desired outcomes and deliver to deadlines.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or High School diploma accompanied by 2+ years of experience.
- Experience in the assembly and modification of electronics.
- Experience using electronics testing methodologies and principles in the design and development of electronics products and components.
- Experience with mechanical/electrical principles, test equipment, product life/performance test procedures and methods.
- Capability to lift and manipulate 30lbs.
- Interest and ability to use power tools to simulate consumer usage.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, engineering drawings and PCBA layout files in an environment such as Altium.
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Familiarity or practical work with embedded firmware development environments.
- Professional experience creating simple software programs or scripts (Python, C, Labview, VBScript, etc.).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.