Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
As a Senior Packaging Engineer you will work collaboratively in a cross functional team of like-minded professionals from a variety of functional groups including; Product Marketing, Product Development, Manufacturing, and Procurement to enhance and optimize the packaging/consumer interface while driving "new to market "packaging designs that are disruptively innovative. You will be responsible for package design, testing, and project management for new product development while also working to drive cost out of existing packaging designs as part of a Value Engineering team. Our Packaging Engineering team is 25+ engineers and growing quickly in an environment that is fast paced with a unique corporate culture that is amazingly supportive.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with domestic and global Engineering and Marketing teams to design packaging that fulfills product and merchandising needs
- Utilize Solidworks and ArtiosCAD for concepts and development
- Coordinate testing plans to validate new packaging
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring adherence to timelines. Provide technical assistance and consultation to all areas of Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, and Quality, as it relates to packaging
- Work to develop packaging alternatives that help support cost reduction initiatives
- Regularly visit manufacturing, distribution, and suppliers to maintain open lines of communication and provide troubleshooting analysis, as required
- Lead and assist in rapid resolution of related production packaging issues
- Develop & maintain global awareness of competitor product offerings and emerging design technologies in the packaging industry
- Potential for travel minimal <10%, primarily domestic, some international.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May or may not be asked to supervise team members with less tenure.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Packaging Engineering required
- 5+ years related experience in packaging development supporting new product development initiatives for consumer retail goods.
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering and Engineering departments to execute projects from concept to closure
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Functional knowledge of Solidworks and ArtiosCAD
- Knowledge of packaging materials: corrugated fiberboard, paperboard, plastics, flexible films, labels, adhesives, and sealing technologies.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods of packaging materials: paperboard and corrugated fiberboard, thermoforming, injection molding, and printing processes (lithography, flexography, and digital)
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.