Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 7/23/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in a mix of mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to design and develop leadership in motor capabilities. We create Best-in-Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive hands-on testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Motor Engineer I will collaborate with local cross-functional teams, global Motor Engineering and Operations teams to create and execute test plans to verify motor performance and thermal limits per project requirements. You will develop and apply a platform-based mindset to motor designs to ensure consistent and efficient mass-produced Milwaukee motors and products around the world.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of senior engineers, learn and apply state of the art motor design and collaborate with a team to design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot motors for low to mid-level complexity projects.
- Create test plans for motor components and assemblies within scope of the project.
- Conduct hands-on experiments of power tools, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Self-manage and track your projects, contributions of design and test workflows to ensure project adherence to schedule and Milwaukee Tool's processes.
- Schedule, develop agendas, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire and maintain understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with or demonstrated ability and eagerness to learn the following aspects of motor design:
- Basic motor theory of Brushless and Brushed PMDC and AC motors.
- Electromagnetic analysis and motor design.
- Motor construction and assembly.
- Motor component design and manufacturing methods.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint Microsoft Office programs.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with motors in a related industry.
- Familiarity with FEA and/or CAD.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.