Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Our fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing machinery and cross-functional agility.
The primary role of this position is to create prototype components using the latest software and machining methodology, in support of new product development, just in time.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work directly from CAD Models, sketches and verbal instructions to produce accurate prototype power tool components in a variety of materials.
- Program and post to a variety of CNC equipment using CAD/CAM software for a variety of complex models, dies, plastic injection molds, hydraulic components and gears.
- Recommend design changes or modifications, select allowances and materials, proceed from own concept in the absence of design and specifications as needed.
- Use a variety of precision measuring devices to layout and inspect work.
- This position requires a highly skilled / motivated individual who will be required to frequently communication with our New Product Development Team and maintain schedules in conjunction with safety and quality.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Requires a high school education or equivalent supplemented by an apprenticeship program and 5-8 years of applied experience in related fields. Apprenticeship requirement can be offset by work experience.
- A thorough understanding of commonly used machining principles, i.e. Datum planes, tab machining, dimensional accuracy and materials.
- Programming and operational knowledge in one or more of the following machines: Hermle Five Axis Mill, Haas / Fadal / Mazak Vertical Machining Center, Mazak Multi-Tasking Integrex/ Nexus CNC Turning, Mitsubishi EDM, Sodick Sinker / EDM Wire, Koepfer Gear Hob, Knee Mills, ID / OD Grinders SLA & SLA Additive Manufacturing Equipment.
- Proficiency in Cad / Cam software is essential to perform assigned responsibilities. CAD proficiency in one or more of the following; Solid Works, NX Unigraphics, CAM programming proficiency in Power Mill Virtual Gibbs, NX Unigraphics, Master Cam or SurfCam software required.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.