INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE
Your Role on Our Team
Our Concept Engineers are hands-on, creative spirits that can see past perceived barriers and use that mentality to uncover new ways of thinking to solve challenging user needs and technical hurdles. As part of a cross-functional team composed of equally motivated Design Researchers, Industrial Designers, and other Concept Engineers, you will work to uncover unmet user needs, ideate creative ways to solve the unmet needs, and act as the technical expert in the creation and execution of the ideas into concepts.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Ideate, Evaluate, and develop new technologies for use in power tool applications.
- Lead the design and build of quick prototypes that drive marketing and project leaders in their product feature decision process.
- Participate in a user centered design process by helping to define system requirements and benefits that are critical to our users.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Identify performance and cost tradeoffs of competing electronic design solutions.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Help lead mechanical designers in best placement of wire routing and electrical boards.
- Other Duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5 or more years of design experience.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to analyze existing and new designs and then propose improved solutions.
- Proficient in C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent problem-solving skills exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE