Concept Industrial Designer
Come help define the future of our products with our advanced concepts team! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
Are you a...
- DRIVER who thrives in ambiguous scenarios in which the correct direction(s) is not yet obvious. Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available and acting with limited information or direction?
- PASSIONATE INNOVATOR with an irresistible drive to invent new solutions to old problems?
- DESIGN THINKER who is familiar with different methods, processes, tools, & execution?
- TALENTED OBSERVER practiced in recognizing patterns and opportunities in research and data?
- KILLER SKETCH ARTIST able to move from quick line drawings to full color vision sketches with ease?
- DOER, TINKERER, MAKER creatively solving challenges with a hands-on approach?
- PROFICIENT CAD MODELER for quick mockups to understand proportions and support renderings?
- MODELMAKER adept at supporting ergonomic & form study mockups to high fidelity prototypes?
- MECHANICALLY MINDED DESIGNER familiar with manufacturing understanding to ground ideas but also have a finger on the pulse of industry, material, and process trends?
- FLEXIBLE DESIGN NINJA willing and able to change course on designs as new information is presented?
- TRUE TEAM PLAYER who can work alongside Engineering, Product Management & Design Research. Do you understand the strengths, value, and know how to correctly utilize each member of the team most effectively?
- A stylist -- because we are inventors and visionaries.
- Here just to draw pretty pictures -- because we are the champion of our core users.
- A lone wolf -- because we are a world-class team of eclectic talents and personalities.
- A surface designer -- because we use the best tools to communicate intent, not polish details.
- A cog in the machine -- because we are the trend setters and market makers.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Lead Design efforts on front-end projects. You will be a key member on collaborative, cross-disciplinary team looking at everything from discovery of new white space for exploration of new ideas to solving specific problems.
- Design Research: Work with core project team members to conduct in-context ethnographic field research. Travel required.
- Analysis and Synthesis: Work closely with team members to analyze data and develop rich, actionable insights.
- Facilitate ideation sessions: Leveraging opportunities defined in research, utilize various brainstorming methodologies to pull creative product solutions out of the team and develop them further into full-fledged concepts, scenarios, and compelling user stories
- Help to develop presentations to communicate project progress, and design intent.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- 2+ years of consultancy or corporate experience working in Front End Innovation (FEI) teams. Experience with Design Thinking methods, processes, tools, & execution a plus.
- BS or BFA in Industrial Design required.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.