Electronics Test Engineer II
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Electronics Test Engineer II will exhibit vision and foresight to test the extremes of designs to ensure robust and reliable electronic designs for Milwaukee power tools. You will collaborate with Electrical Design Engineers and Test Lab Technicians to design/develop test plans, procedures, and fixtures, improve our current test methods, analyze test data, and provide feedback to engineering design teams.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Develop test plans and procedures based on new or established products, to ensure product meets customer requirements.
- Support NPD teams through test development, data analysis, and competitor benchmarking.
- Interpret performance data by using robust statistical methods to make formal recommendations to product design teams.
- Provide guidance, feedback, and recommendations for improving current testing methods and requirements.
- Assist in the development, build, and programming of test fixtures.
- Create documentation for test fixtures, theory of operation, and specifications.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management.
- Review new product designs and engineering changes with respect to product reliability, user requirements and warranty information
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in testing printed circuit board assemblies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, measuring techniques, data acquisition and performance calculations.
- Experience with programming languages such as LabView, C, Python, and experience working with Arduino platform.
- Working knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of electronic component reliability and failure modes.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.