INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The System Engineer I will collaborate with global cross-functional teams to support advanced technology planning, develop requirements and architectures. You will define, document, and manage system level tests, risks, and issues for product platforms of low to mid-level complexity.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Support the definition of system level requirements and architectures including creation of block diagrams, definition of hardware/firmware interfaces, configuration management, creation of FMEAs, etc.
- Create and execute test plans to support system requirements validation and system issue management.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of system verification and validation strategies.
- Support system integration and transition into new product development.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Collecting, organizing, prioritizing, and support root cause analysis for known system/platform level issues for corrective action.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Establish and maintain understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with embedded systems, printed circuit board manufacturing, or power electronics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint Microsoft Office programs.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Familiarity with systems thinking and applying the systems approach to engineered systems.
- Familiarity with model-based systems engineering, Universal Modeling Language (UML), and/or Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Experience with analog and digital system design.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.